Table of Contents
Site types are specific architectural designs types within a specific Client type. For instance a Client type can have a Datacenter architecture, a WAN, a large LAN with redundancy and a small LAN without redundancy.
These are all different site types, because they have a different architecture.
Site types section
Within the site types section an overview of all the different site types is listed. New site types can be added (+) or deleted . Filtering by client type can be applied by using the search () icon.
When selecting a site type, details of the site type will be displayed below in the Site types section and in the Service class section.
Site type details
There are 6 mandatory parameters per site to be set. Also a site type image can be uploaded.
- SiteType: A reference number for a specific site type.
- Site class: A reference name for a specific site type.
- Max sites/client type: The maximum number for this site type per client type. When set to 0, there is no limit.
- Max sites/client: The maximum number for this site type per client. When set to 0, there is no limit.
- Name format: The naming convention for a site type.
- Caption: The display name for this site type.
Site type format
Through the edit name format button, a subform will be opened, where the site code can be formatted.
By clicking the purple blocks the partial block can be edited. There are several variables which can be selected. Also the Literal value can be selected, which sets a fixed value. With the options on the right specifics can be set. These are the options you can pick:
- Client_type: The client type
- Site_type: The site type
- Client_code: The client code
- Zip_code: The site's city's zip code
- State_code: The site's city's state or province
- Country_code: The site's country
- Client_seq: The sequence for the next site in its client type
- Site_seq: The sequence for the next site in its client
- Seq: The sequence for the next site in its city in its client
Values can be locked for editing and they can be editable. They can have a minimum length (min pos) and maximum length (max pos). If while selecting the sitecode, the minimum position is exceeded, it is padded by the padding character. If the maximum position is exceeded, it is cut off. You can also force a value to be either a string, a number or both. You can also force a value to be converted to all upper case, all lowercase or just the first capital.
Service class section
At the service class section, the different architectural layers can be defined. Each service class can be modelled in the Service types form. The service classes are defined by name and represent a specific function throughout the clienttype, NOT the site type. For instance a service class with a name Router must have the same function throughout the client type.
Service class details
When selecting a service class, the hierarchy ID can be set. The maximum number of services per site can be set. When set to 0, there is no limit. Also a section of the site type image can be selected. When creating nodes within the site in the build phase, it can be done, by clicking that portion of the image.